Aussie Brewery Tours are looking to hire multiple contract tour guides/hosts for work across the 2019-20 summer season and beyond...
Our customers arrive at the start of their tour happy and excited, and why not, they are about to embark on an experience with one of the world’s top-ranked tour providers. It will be your job to surround yourself with these happy people and take them on a fun-filled adventure visiting great venues, eating scrumptious food and drinking the best beer, cider, spirits and other boozy products we can find!
When you are not out on tour there will be the opportunity to expand your work further and immerse yourself in our business by taking on business to business sales, marketing, attending beer festivals or events as well as other fun projects.
Our current portfolio of products includes both day and night tours, tasting sessions and hosted events for both public and private groups. Our most popular destinations are urban Melbourne, the Yarra Valley and Mornington Peninsula. Group sizes range from 2 to 105.
Job title: Brewery, distillery & cidery contract tour guide.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Host day and night tours around Melbourne and its surrounding areas for local and international tourists, bucks & hen’s days, birthdays and corporate events.
- Safety inspections on tour vehicles.
- Work closely with venue staff to build and maintain strong relationships to ensure we can operate the best tours possible.
- Maintaining the high standards that have established Aussie Brewery Tours as one of the top-ranked tour providers in the country.
- Entertaining customers with your witty banter, amusing tales and amazing facts.
- Hosting tasting events – including dinners and showcases.
- Ensuring you are prepared with the necessary equipment and supplies to run each tour.
- Problem-solving on the fly, with little help or oversight.
Work experience and qualifications:
- Held an Australian drivers’ licence for at least 24 months.
- A good driving history.
- No criminal record.
- The ability to work with late notice across weekends, public holidays and throughout the summer period.
Preferred but can be gained on successful application:
- LR (or higher – MR/HR) licence preferred.
- Victorian Drivers Certificate from the Taxi Services Commission.
- First Aid.
- Beer, cider, spirit and general alcohol knowledge will be looked upon highly.
- Previous experience in performance art, tour guiding, hospitality or event hosting desired.
- Need to be flexible, reliable, relaxed and fun.
- Australian Business Number (ABN)
Salary: Industry rates.
Hours: 1-4 days a week. Must be able to work weekends, some public holidays, for both day and night tours.
Location: Melbourne, Vic 3039.
Applications: Please fill out the following form to apply....