Drink your way through the best of Urban Melbourne...
This is the ultimate drinkers day as we cruise around Melbourne’s most awarded and innovative urban breweries and distilleries where old-world styles and new world inspiration collide to create a drinkers heaven! We will introduce you to chocolate, vanilla, coffee, toffee and bacon flavoured beer, refreshing summer ales, crisp sessionable lagers, fruit-infused barrel-aged ales, artisan ciders and experimental single batch brews. We like to find the most passionate makers in Melbourne so you can experience the best and newest they have to offer!
For $165pp your tour includes:
- Fantastic Venues: Visit 4 breweries and distilleries around Melbourne's inner suburbs including VIP brewery floor access (when available).
- Tasty Food: Gastro-brewpub lunch with tasting paddle and a complimentary drink (beer, tasting paddle, cider, wine or spirit). We can cater for vegetarian, vegan and most allergies - contact us if you have any specific questions (example menu below).
- Generous Tastings & Drinks: Enjoy very generous tasting sessions, paddles & complimentary drinks throughout the day including special release and single batch drinks!
- Small Group Touring: Our public tour customers enjoy small group (minimum 8 to a maximum of 13 people), flexible touring in our customized, air-conditioned mini-buses. These tours are made up of people across all age groups from all over Australia and the world who are treated to a personable, flexible and relaxed experience. Note: We can accommodate up to 50 people on our private tours. To be fair to other passengers, we ask groups of 7+ to book a private tour as to not unfairly unbalance the group.
- Get Involved: There is a great mix of beers available, plus we often visit a distillery or similar as well. We designed our tours to be fun and inclusive for everyone, regardless of what, or if, they usually drink. The group tasting sessions are filled with fun stories and entertaining facts and we allow you to choose alternate options throughout the day, e.g. grab a wine with lunch or a gin & tonic whilst we boogie to some tunes later in the day.
- The Best Guides: Our guides are fun-loving, alcohol guru’s who will take you on a journey through the entertaining history of drinking.
Days, Times and Pick-up Locations
Runs: Friday & Sunday and the very occasional Saturday (private tours available 7 days a week). Pick-up: 10 – 10:50am. Drop-off: 5:45 – 6:30pm.
Departs from: Federation Square and central hotel pick-ups available.
Returns: We will endeavour too, but cannot always guarantee hotel drop-offs. All of our tours instead terminate in central Melbourne at Federation Square. Please contact us if required to discuss.
Click here for a full list of pick-up locations
Main Pick-up Location
- 10:50am: Federation Square: Russell court (bus pick-up/day tours area corner of Russell & Flinders streets): Google map - https://goo.gl/maps/FLx4xXe8cKP2
Docklands: 10:15am - 10:35:am
- Hilton Melbourne South Wharf, 2 Convention Centre Pl, Melbourne VIC 3006
- Sebel Melbourne Docklands, Aquitania Way, Docklands VIC 3008
Southbank: 10:15am - 10:35am
- Crown Metropol, 8 Whiteman Street, Southbank VIC 3006
Melbourne CBD: 10:25am - 10:50am
- Hotel Grand Chancellor, 131 Lonsdale Street, Melbourne VIC 3000
- Grand Hyatt Melbourne, 123 Collins St, Melbourne VIC 3000
- ibis Styles Kingsgate Hotel, 131 King Street, Melbourne VIC 3000
- InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto, 495 Collins St, Melbourne VIC 3000
- Marriott Hotel (Melbourne), Lonsdale Street & Exhibition St, Melbourne VIC 3000
- Mercure Melbourne Treasury Gardens, 13 Spring Street Melbourne VIC 3000
- Oaks on Lonsdale, 23-33 Lonsdale St, Melbourne VIC 3000
- Oaks on Market, 60 Market St, Melbourne VIC 3000
- Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens Melbourne, 380 William St, Melbourne VIC 3000
- Rendezvous Hotel Melbourne, 328 Flinders St, Melbourne VIC 3000
- Rydges Melbourne Hotel, 186 Exhibition Street, Melbourne VIC 3000
- Sheraton Melbourne Hotel, 27 Little Collins Street, Melbourne VIC 3000
- Sofitel Melbourne on Collins, 25 Collins Street, Melbourne VIC 3000
- Stamford Plaza Melbourne, 111 Little Collins St, Melbourne VIC 3000
You can also request a hotel pick-up. Please contact us before you book to request a hotel pick-up as we cannot guarantee all hotel pick-up and drop-offs.
Aussie Brewery Tours love flexible touring, free from time constraints and overbearing guides. Forget the winery tour model – come in, have the smallest taste possible, then we will all stare at you awkwardly until you sign up to our wine club, buy a case and get out. Our tours are about generous tastings and soaking up the atmosphere of each different venue with a glass of your favourite. We know when it is time to move on when there are more empty glasses than full glasses.
This relaxed touring, coupled with a wide range of partners, ensures that we have numerous different venues (brewpubs & restaurants, tastings rooms, beer gardens, etc) which have different products and atmospheres which allows us to pick the best of the best for that particular tour day. We may mix up our itinerary depending on the season, day of the week, what specialty products are available, traffic and big events, the weather and venue constraints (like when a brewery recently had a spill and had to shut for the day – thankfully they spilled cleaning products and not beer, phew!).
So rather than a detailed, minute by minute itinerary, we will tell you about some of the stops we may visit each day:
- The Crafty (James) Squire - possible lunch stop: Enjoy a very generous tasting paddle plus a complimentary drink from their beer & cider line-up (includes all seasonal/speciality beers) to go with your amazing lunch.
- Two Birds Brewery: Started by Danielle and Jayne (the two birds) this brewery has a fantastic range of sessionable beers and interesting single batch creations to try.
- Temple Brewery: Temple Brewery have a wonderful range of core beers, plus dabble in one-off, single batch and collaboration beers with other brewers and even suggestions from their fans. We will include a special Aussie Brewery Tours uber tasting paddle (double their regulation paddle) of their current range.
- Moon Dog Brewery: This is where the tour starts to get wild as we sample the amazing, weird and wacky creations that Moondog Brewery is famous for (bloody mary beers, champagne beers, the icecream series, etc). The tasting here is beyond large!
- Burnley Brewery - possible lunch stop: - Inner-city brewpub with a fantastic focus on hospitality alongside amazing beers served straight out of the bright tanks. With excellent staff, a good vibe, tasty food and a great selection of fun beers. Burnley is a really fun stop!
- Brogans Way Distillery: A fantastic hidden little gin stop with a focus on innovative products, fresh ingredients and attention to detail. We love visiting these guys for tasting paddles, master classes and also for a cocktail or two.
Friends we visit occasionally:
- Mountain Goat Brewery: We will drop in for a tasting or beers at Melbournes most famous (and yet still hidden away) craft brewery.
- Stomping Ground Brewery: This amazing brewery venue is by the same lads that brought you the Local Taphouse bars in St Kilda and Darlinghurst Sydney, as well the Great Australasian Beer Spectapular aka the biggest beer festival in the Southern Hemisphere. A state of the art brewhouse is coupled with an amazing venue, kitchen serving up delicious food and an ever-expanding tap list.
- Colonial Brewery: Originally from Western Australia, Colonial Brewery moved into the old CUB owned Matilda Bay brewery in Port Melbourne. Complete with a kitchen, amazing brewhouse, a fantastic tap range of beers and some of the best tins in the country, we have had a soft spot for this brewery for years.
- The Mill Brewery: One of our favourite things is a locals brewery. A brewery that makes you think, "I wish I lived here" or even better, "this is now where I live". That is The Mill. It is the place you would ACTUALLY rather be before some behemoth brewery trademarked that idea and corrupted it!
- Clifton Hill Brewpub - possible lunch stop: A family-owned, Northern Suburbs institution, the Clifton Hill Brewpub has been increasing their in-house beer offerings over the past couple of years to now boast a fantastic range of tasty craft brews to go along with their gastropub fare.