The ultimate beer lovers experieance...
This is the ultimate beer lovers experience as we cruise around Melbourne’s most awarded and innovative urban breweries and cider bars where old-world styles and new world inspiration collide to create a drinkers heaven! We will introduce you to chocolate, vanilla, coffee, toffee and bacon flavoured beer, refreshing summer ales, crisp sessionable lagers, fruit infused barrel aged ales, artisan ciders and experimental single batch brews. From the biggest breweries and oldest breweries in the country, to the new kids on the block, this tour has it all - and more!
For $160pp your tour includes:
- Fantastic Venues: Visit 4-5 breweries and cider bars around Melbourne's inner suburbs including VIP brewery floor access (when available).
- Fantastic Food: Lunch with tasting paddle and complimentary drink (beer or cider). We can cater for vegetarian, vegan and most allergies - contact us if you have any specific questions.
- Generous Tastings & Drinks: Enjoy generous tasting sessions, paddles & complimentary drinks throughout the day.
- Small Group Touring: Our public tour passengers enjoy small group (max 13 people), flexible touring in our customized, air-conditioned mini-buses. Note: we can accomdodate up to 50 people on our private tours. To be fair to other passengers, we ask groups of 7+ to book a private tour as to not unfairly unbalance the group.
- Beer Lovers Heaven: There is a great mix of beers available, from your domestic pale lagers through to some weird and wacky creations that push the boundaries of brewing. If you have a friend or partner who "doesn't like beer" bring them along and tell them to approach the day with an open mind (an open mind we are about to blow - kapow!)
- The Best Guides: Our guides are fun loving, alcohol guru’s who will take you on a journey through the entertaining history of drinking.
Days, Times and Pick-up Locations
Runs: Friday & Sunday. Pick-up: 10am – 10:50am. Drop-off: 6.00pm – 7:00pm.
Departs from: Federation Square, St Kilda and central hotel pick-ups available.
Returns: We will endevour too, but cannot always guarantee hotel drop-offs. All of our tours instead terminate in central Melbourne at Federation Square. Please contact us if required to discuss.
Click here for a full list of pick-up locations
Standard Pick-up Locations
- 10:05am: Habitat HQ, 333 St Kilda Road, St Kilda VIC 3182
- 10:50am: Federation Square: Russell court (bus pick-up/day tours area corner of Russell & Flinders streets): Google map - https://goo.gl/maps/FLx4xXe8cKP2
Docklands: 10:15am - 10:35:am
- Hilton Melbourne South Wharf, 2 Convention Centre Pl, Melbourne VIC 3006
- Sebel Melbourne Docklands, Aquitania Way, Docklands VIC 3008
Southbank: 10:15am - 10:35am
- Crown Metropol, 8 Whiteman Street, Southbank VIC 3006
Melbourne CBD: 10:25am - 10:50am
- Hotel Grand Chancellor, 131 Lonsdale Street, Melbourne VIC 3000
- Grand Hyatt Melbourne, 123 Collins St, Melbourne VIC 3000
- ibis Styles Kingsgate Hotel, 131 King Street, Melbourne VIC 3000
- InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto, 495 Collins St, Melbourne VIC 3000
- Marriott Hotel (Melbourne), Lonsdale Street & Exhibition St, Melbourne VIC 3000
- Mercure Melbourne Treasury Gardens, 13 Spring Street Melbourne VIC 3000
- Oaks on Lonsdale, 23-33 Lonsdale St, Melbourne VIC 3000
- Oaks on Market, 60 Market St, Melbourne VIC 3000
- Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens Melbourne, 380 William St, Melbourne VIC 3000
- Rendezvous Hotel Melbourne, 328 Flinders St, Melbourne VIC 3000
- Rydges Melbourne Hotel, 186 Exhibition Street, Melbourne VIC 3000
- Sheraton Melbourne Hotel, 27 Little Collins Street, Melbourne VIC 3000
- Sofitel Melbourne on Collins, 25 Collins Street, Melbourne VIC 3000
- Stamford Plaza Melbourne, 111 Little Collins St, Melbourne VIC 3000
You can also request a hotel pick-up. Please contact us before you book to request a hotel pick-up as we cannot guarantee all hotel pick-up and drop-offs.
Aussie Brewery Tours loves flexible touring, free from time constraints and overbearing guides. Forget the winery tour model – come in, have the smallest taste possible, then we will all stare at you awkwardly until you sign up to our wine club, buy a case and get out. Our tours are about generous tastings and soaking up the atmosphere of each different venue with a glass of your favourite. We know when it is time to move on when there are more empty glasses than full glasses.
This relaxed touring, coupled with a wide range of partners, ensures that we have numerous different venues (brew pubs & restaurants, tastings rooms, beer gardens, etc) which have different products and atmospheres which allows us to pick the best of the best for that particular tour day. We may mix up our itinerary depending on the season, day of the week, what specialty products are available, traffic and big events, the weather and venue constraints (like when a brewery recently had a spill and had to shut for the day – thankfully they spilled cleaning products and not beer, phew!).
So rather than a detailed, minute by minute itinerary, we will tell you about some of the stops we may visit each day:
- The Crafty (James) Squire: Enjoy a very generous tasting paddle plus a complimentary drink from their beer & cider line-up (includes all seasonal/speciality beers) to go with your amazing lunch.
- Temple Brewery: Temple Brewery have a wonderful range of core beers, plus dabble in one-off, single batch and collaboration beers with other brewers and even suggestions from their fans. We will include a special Aussie Brewery Tours uber tasting paddle (double their regulation paddle) of their current range.
- Moon Dog Brewery: This is where the tour starts to get wild as we sample the amazing, weird and wacky creations that Moondog Brewery is famous for (bloody mary beers, champagne beers, the icecream series, etc). The tasting here is beyond large!
- Mountain Goat Brewery: We will drop in for a tasting or beers at Melbournes most famous (and yet still hidden away) craft brewery.
- Two Birds Brewery: Started by Danielle and Jayne (the two birds) this brewery has a fantastic range of sessionable beers and interesting single batch creations to try.
- Foresters Hall: This beer hall and live music venue in Melbourne's inner north is home to one of the most impressive tap lists found in Australia.
- Stomping Ground Brewery: This amazing brewery venue is by the same lads that brought you the Local Taphouse bars in St Kilda and Darlinghurst Sydney, as well the Great Australasian Beer Spectapular aka the biggest beer festival in the Southern Hemisphere. A state of the art brewhouse is coupled with an amazing venue, kitchen serving up delicious food and an ever-expanding tap list.
- Brunswick Street Cider House: Our favourite craft cider venue in Melbourne, these guys have been showcasing the best examples of both local and international cider longer than any other venue in Melbourne.
- Clifton Hill Brewpub: A family-owned, Northern Suburbs institution, the Clifton Hill Brewpub has been increasing their in-house beer offerings over the past couple of years to now boast a fantastic range of tasty craft brews to go along with their gastropub fare.
- Colonial Brewery: Originally from Western Australia, Colonial Brewery moved into the old CUB owned Matilda Bay brewery in Port Melbourne. Complete with a kitchen, amazing brewhouse, a fantastic tap range of beers and some of the best tins in the country, we have had a soft spot for this brewery for years.
- The Mill Brewery: One of our favourite things is a locals brewery. A brewery that makes you think, "I wish I lived here" or even better, "this is now where I live". That is The Mill. It is the place you would ACTUALLY rather be before some behemoth brewery trademarked that idea and corrupted it!