The ultimate Aussie Sunday session...
How do you create the ultimate Sunday session? We recommend you start with the best breweries, cideries and distilleries on the Mornington Peninsula. Then add an incredible range of over 25 different beers, ciders and spirits to quench your thirst throughout the day. Lastly, combine a tasty lunch with a touch of live music and with Aussie Brewery Tours as your designated driver you have the perfect day!
For $165pp your tour includes:
- Fantastic Venues: Visit 4 breweries, cideries and distilleries along the Mornington Peninsula.
- Gourmet Food: Fantastic and ample sized food with complimentary beer, wine or cider included. We can cater for vegetarian, vegan and most allergies - contact us if you have any specific questions (example menu below).
- Generous Tastings & Drinks: Enjoy very generous tasting sessions, paddles & complimentary drinks throughout the day including special release and single batch drinks!
- Small-Group Touring: Our public tour customers enjoy small group (minimum 8 to a maximum of 13 people), flexible touring in our customized, air-conditioned mini-buses. These tours are made up of people across all age groups from all over Australia and the world who are treated to a personable, flexible and relaxed experience. Note: We can accommodate up to 50 people on our private tours. To be fair to other passengers, we ask groups of 7+ to book a private tour as to not unfairly unbalance the group.
- Get Involved: We designed our tours to be fun and inclusive for everyone, regardless of what, or if, they usually drink. The group tasting sessions are filled with fun stories and entertaining facts and we allow you to choose alternate options throughout the day, e.g. grab a wine with lunch or a gin & tonic whilst we boogie to some tunes later in the day. We do have group tasting sessions and encourage everyone to get involved, you never know what you may discover!
- The Best Guides: Our guides are fun-loving, alcohol guru’s who will take you on a journey through the entertaining history of drinking.
Days, Times and Pick-up Locations
Runs: The last Sunday of every month plus very occasional Saturdays (private tours available most days). Pick-up: 9am – 10am. Drop-off: 5.30pm – 6.30pm.
Departs from: Federation Square with central hotel pick-ups available. Note: It is usually hard for us to pick up in the Mornington Peninsula but if you are keen on a tour and staying down there, please email us and we will try and make it work!
Drop-off: We will endeavour too, but cannot always guarantee hotel drop-offs. All of our tours instead terminate in central Melbourne at Federation Square. Please contact us if required to discuss.
Click here for a full list of pick-up locations
Main Pick-up Location
- 9:40am: Federation Square, Russell court (bus pick-up/day tours area corner of Russell & Flinders streets).
- Hilton Melbourne South Wharf, 2 Convention Centre Pl, Melbourne VIC 3006
- Sebel Melbourne Docklands, Aquitania Way, Docklands VIC 3008
- Crown Metropol, 8 Whiteman Street, Southbank VIC 3006
Melbourne CBD: 9:30am
- Hotel Grand Chancellor, 131 Lonsdale Street, Melbourne VIC 3000
- Grand Hyatt Melbourne, 123 Collins St, Melbourne VIC 3000
- ibis Styles Kingsgate Hotel, 131 King Street, Melbourne VIC 3000
- InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto, 495 Collins St, Melbourne VIC 3000
- Marriott Hotel (Melbourne), Lonsdale Street & Exhibition St, Melbourne VIC 3000
- Mercure Melbourne Treasury Gardens, 13 Spring Street Melbourne VIC 3000
- Oaks on Lonsdale, 23-33 Lonsdale St, Melbourne VIC 3000
- Oaks on Market, 60 Market St, Melbourne VIC 3000
- Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens Melbourne, 380 William St, Melbourne VIC 3000
- Rendezvous Hotel Melbourne, 328 Flinders St, Melbourne VIC 3000
- Rydges Melbourne Hotel, 186 Exhibition Street, Melbourne VIC 3000
- Sheraton Melbourne Hotel, 27 Little Collins Street, Melbourne VIC 3000
- Sofitel Melbourne on Collins, 25 Collins Street, Melbourne VIC 3000
- Stamford Plaza Melbourne, 111 Little Collins St, Melbourne VIC 3000
You can also request a hotel pick-up. Please contact us before you book to request a hotel pick-up as we cannot guarantee all hotel pick-up and drop-offs.
Aussie Brewery Tours love flexible touring, free from time constraints and overbearing guides. Forget the winery tour model – come in, have the smallest taste possible, then we will all stare at you awkwardly until you sign up to our wine club, buy a case and get out. Our tours are about generous tastings and soaking up the atmosphere of each different venue with a glass of your favourite. We know when it is time to move on when there are more empty glasses than full glasses. The day is all-inclusive, with all your food, any nibblies, tasting paddles or hosted tasting sessions and complimentary drinks at some stops. Whenever possible it is absolutely fine to substitute beer for wine, cider, etc. we aren't here to force you to do anything but have fun!
This relaxed touring, coupled with a wide range of partners, ensures that we have numerous different venues (brewpubs & restaurants, tastings rooms, beer gardens, etc) which have different products (gin, vodka, moonshine, whisky, rum, fruit wines, beers, ciders, gourmet food, etc) that allow us to pick the best of the best for that particular tour day. We may mix up our itinerary depending on the season, day of the week, what speciality products are available, traffic and big events, the weather and venue constraints (like when a brewery recently had a spill and had to shut for the day – thankfully they spilled cleaning products and not beer, phew!).
So rather than a detailed, minute by minute itinerary, we will tell you about some of the stops we visit each day.
- Red Hill Brewery: Visit the oldest brewery on the peninsula, the stalwart if you will. Famous for their scotch ale, Christmas ale and “red parties” - where they brew up many different red beers - these guys have been an Aussie Brewery Tours favourite for years. Tasting paddles and/or beers included.
- Mock Red Hill Cider: Mock Red Hill produces a number of quality apple and pear ciders and juices. Meet the staff, taste the range and then sit back in the lounge or cider garden for a complimentary drink.
- Mornington Peninsula Brewery: MBP brew some of our favourite beers, serving them up with pizza and live music - wahoooo!. Grab a tasting paddle or your favourite beer, cider or wine and relax for an afternoon of fun times with new friends.
- Jetty Road Brewery - possible lunch stop: These guys have a fantastic new warehouse venue to go with their fantastic beers! This is a great early afternoon venue to visit for a few beers, maybe a tasting paddle, and really get the afternoon rocking. (full bar available! too)
- St Andrews Beach Brewery - possible lunch stop: Built on a famous horse racing farm, this new brewery is already making waves for its amazing venue and unique take on what a brewery can be. Our meals are eaten in one of the popular stables stalls once the home of famous horses like Makybe Diva, Sub Zero, Tawriffic, etc.
- Bass and Flinders Distillery: One of our absolute favourite venues (although we do say this a lot, we really do love things at Aussie Brewery Tours) this family-owned and operated distillery will introduce you to their grappas, vodkas, gins and liquors (think limoncello) in a tasting that is fun, boozy, and informative.
Friends we visit occasionally:
- Hix Beer at Hickenbotham Winery: These guys are multi-generational winemakers who have more recently turned their hand to brewing beer. When ABT first visited them 5 years ago, they only made three beers and we were unsure if it was enough variety to stop in. Now they make around 10-14 different beers (and often a cider) making it one of the larger tasting sessions we have! In true Aussie Brewery Tours fashion, we won't have just one of their tasting paddles, but will try and give you a little bit more followed by a little bit more!
- JimmyRum: Seeing as it once served as Australia's currency, rum is a little known drink outside of our famous Queensland variety. JimmyRum though is changing that, bringing out the best of this multi-faceted amazing drink to Australian drinkers.
- Mr Banks: Making fun, interesting and innovative hop-forward beers, Mr Banks has a cool, chilled setup and a great tap list that fits right in with what Aussie Brewery Tours is all about.
- Other: We are always expanding our brewery venue's as we find new friends to go and visit!