The ultimate Aussie beer and cider Sunday session...
How do you create the ultimate Sunday session? We recommend you start with the best breweries and cideries on the Mornington Peninsula. Then add an incredible range of over 25 different beers and ciders to quench your thirst throughout the day. Lastly combine a tasty lunch with a touch of live music and with Aussie Brewery Tours as your designated driver you have the perfect day!
For $160pp your tour includes:
- Fantastic Venues: Visit 4 breweries and cideries along the Mornington Peninsula.
- Gourmet Food: Fantastic and ample sized food (for a good drinking tour) with complimentary beer, wine or cider- dietry options are available but very limited. Please contact us if you have any questions.
- Generous Tastings & Drinks: Enjoy generous tasting sessions, paddles & complimentary drinks throughout the day.
- Small Group Touring: Our public tour passengers enjoy small group (max 13 people), flexible touring in our customized, air-conditioned mini-buses. Note: we can accommodate up to 50 people on our private tours. To be fair to other passengers, we ask groups of 7+ to book a private tour as to not unfairly unbalance the group.
- Fantastic Variety: With dozens of beers and seasonal brews coupled with apple and pear ciders this tour has a fun range of products to try.
- The Best Guides: Our guides are fun loving, alcohol guru’s who will take you on a journey through the entertaining history of drinking.
Days, Times and Pick-up Locations
Runs: Sundays. Pick-up: 9am – 10am. Drop-off: 5.30pm – 6.30pm.
Departs from: Federation Square, St Kilda and central hotel pick-ups available. Note: We do not pick-up in the Mornington Peninsula.
Drop-off: We will endeavour too, but cannot always guarantee hotel drop-offs. All of our tours instead terminate in central Melbourne at Federation Square. Please contact us if required to discuss.
Click here for a full list of pick-up locations
Standard Pick-up Locations
- 9:40am: Federation Square, Russell court (bus pick-up/day tours area corner of Russell & Flinders streets).
- 10:00am: Habitat HQ, 333 St Kilda Road, St Kilda VIC 3182.
- Hilton Melbourne South Wharf, 2 Convention Centre Pl, Melbourne VIC 3006
- Sebel Melbourne Docklands, Aquitania Way, Docklands VIC 3008
- Crown Metropol, 8 Whiteman Street, Southbank VIC 3006
Melbourne CBD: 9:30am
- Hotel Grand Chancellor, 131 Lonsdale Street, Melbourne VIC 3000
- Grand Hyatt Melbourne, 123 Collins St, Melbourne VIC 3000
- ibis Styles Kingsgate Hotel, 131 King Street, Melbourne VIC 3000
- InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto, 495 Collins St, Melbourne VIC 3000
- Marriott Hotel (Melbourne), Lonsdale Street & Exhibition St, Melbourne VIC 3000
- Mercure Melbourne Treasury Gardens, 13 Spring Street Melbourne VIC 3000
- Oaks on Lonsdale, 23-33 Lonsdale St, Melbourne VIC 3000
- Oaks on Market, 60 Market St, Melbourne VIC 3000
- Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens Melbourne, 380 William St, Melbourne VIC 3000
- Rendezvous Hotel Melbourne, 328 Flinders St, Melbourne VIC 3000
- Rydges Melbourne Hotel, 186 Exhibition Street, Melbourne VIC 3000
- Sheraton Melbourne Hotel, 27 Little Collins Street, Melbourne VIC 3000
- Sofitel Melbourne on Collins, 25 Collins Street, Melbourne VIC 3000
- Stamford Plaza Melbourne, 111 Little Collins St, Melbourne VIC 3000
You can also request a hotel pick-up. Please contact us before you book to request a hotel pick-up as we cannot guarantee all hotel pick-up and drop-offs.
Aussie Brewery Tours love flexible touring, free from time constraints and overbearing guides. Forget the winery tour model – come in, have the smallest taste possible, then we will all stare at you awkwardly until you sign up to our wine club, buy a case and get out. Our tours are about generous tastings and soaking up the atmosphere of each different venue with a glass of your favourite. We know when it is time to move on when there are more empty glasses than full glasses. The day is all-inclusive, with all your food, any nibblies, tasting paddles or hosted tasting sessions and complimentary drinks at some stops. Whenever possible it is absolutely fine to substitute beer for wine, cider, etc. we aren't here to force you to do anything but have fun!
This relaxed touring, coupled with a wide range of partners, ensures that we have numerous different venues (brewpubs & restaurants, tastings rooms, beer gardens, etc) which have different products (gin, fruit wines, beers, ciders, kombucha, gourmet food, etc) that allow us to pick the best of the best for that particular tour day. We may mix up our itinerary depending on the season, day of the week, what speciality products are available, traffic and big events, the weather and venue constraints (like when a brewery recently had a spill and had to shut for the day – thankfully they spilled cleaning products and not beer, phew!).
So rather than a detailed, minute by minute itinerary, we will tell you about some of the stops we visit each day:
Hix Beer at Hickenbotham Winery: These guys are multi-generational winemakers who have more recently turned their hand to brewing beer. When ABT first visited them 5 years ago, they only made three beers and we were unsure if it was enough variety to stop in. Now they make around 10-14 different beers (and often a cider) making it one of the larger tasting sessions we have! In true Aussie Brewery Tours fashion, we won't have just one of their tasting paddles, but will try and give you a little bit more followed by a little bit more!
Red Hill Brewery: Visit the oldest brewery on the peninsula, the stalwart if you will. Famous for their scotch ale, Christmas ale and “red parties” - where they brew up many different red beers - these guys have been an Aussie Brewery Tours favourite for years. Tasting paddles and/or beers included.
Mock Red Hill Cider: Mock Red Hill produce a number of quality apple and pear ciders and juices. Meet the staff, taste the range and then sit back in the lounge or cider garden for a complimentary drink.
Mornington Peninsula Brewery: MBP brew some of our favourite beers, serving them up with pizza and live music - wahoooo!. Grab a tasting paddle or your favourite beer, cider or wine and relax for an afternoon of fun times with new friends.
Jetty Road Brewery: These guys have a fantastic new warehouse venue to go with their fantastic beers! This is a great early afternoon venue to visit for a few beers, maybe a tasting paddle, and really get the afternoon rocking. (full bar available! too)
St Andrews Beach Brewery: Built on a famous horse racing farm, this new brewery is already making waves for its amazing venue and unique take on what a brewery can be. Our meals are eaten in one of the popular stables stalls once the home of famous horses like Makybe Diva, Sub Zero, Tawriffic, etc.