Our awesome urban beer odyssey is now available at night...
We loved our Urban Beery Odyssey so much, we decided to create a night time version. We will introduce you to chocolate, vanilla, coffee, toffee and bacon flavoured beer, refreshing summer ales, crisp sessionable lagers, fruit infused barrel aged ales and experimental single batch brews at some of Melbourne's best small breweries and craft beer venues.
For $120pp (Thursday and Sunday) and $135pp (Friday), your tour includes:
- Fantastic Venues: Visit breweries and craft beer venues around Melbourne's inner suburbs.
- Dinner: Enjoy a awesome burger dinner (with a couple of sides) - Veg, Chicken, Beef options all available. We can cater for vegetarian, vegan and most allergies - but it is always worth contacting us before hand if you have something out of the norm.
- Generous Tastings & Drinks: Enjoy generous tasting sessions, paddles & complimentary drinks throughout the tour.
- Small Group Touring: Our public tour passengers enjoy small-group (max 13 people), flexible touring in our customized, air-conditioned mini-buses. Note: we can accommodate up to 50 people on our private tours. To be fair to other passengers, we ask groups of 7+ to book a private tour as to not unfairly unbalance the group.
- Beer Lovers Heaven: There is a great mix of beers available, from your domestic pale lagers through to some weird and wacky creations that push the boundaries of brewing. If you have a friend or partner who "doesn't like beer" bring them along and tell them to approach the day with an open mind (an open mind we are about to blow - kapow!)
- The Best Guides: Our guides are fun loving, alcohol guru’s who will take you on a journey through the entertaining history of drinking.
Days, Times and Pick-up Locations
Runs: Thursday, Friday and Sundays (private tours are available Wednesday through Sunday nights). Pick-up: 7pm. Drop-off: 11:00-11:30pm.
Departs from: Federation Square: Russell court (bus pick-up/day tours area corner of Russell & Flinders streets): Google map - https://goo.gl/maps/FLx4xXe8cKP2. Due to peak hour traffic hotel pick-ups are NOT available for this tour. You can meet us at our first stop, usually Temple Brewery.
Aussie Brewery Tours love flexible touring, free from time constraints and overbearing guides. Forget the winery tour model – come in, have the smallest taste possible, then we will all stare at you awkwardly until you sign up to our wine club, buy a case and get out. Our tours are about generous tastings and soaking up the atmosphere of each different venue with a glass of your favourite. We know when it is time to move on when there are more empty glasses than full glasses.
This relaxed touring, coupled with a wide range of partners, ensures that we have numerous different venues (brewpubs & restaurants, tastings rooms, beer gardens, etc) which have different products and atmospheres which allows us to pick the best of the best for that particular tour. We may mix up our itinerary depending on the season, day of the week, what specialty products are available, traffic and big events, the weather and venue constraints (like when a brewery recently had a spill and had to shut for the day – thankfully they spilled cleaning products and not beer, phew!).
So rather than a detailed, minute by minute itinerary, we will tell you about some of the stops we may visit on each tour:
- The Crafty (James) Squire: Enjoy a very generous tasting paddle from their beer & cider line-up (includes all seasonal/speciality beers) at this inner-city brewpub.
- Temple Brewery: Temple Brewery have a wonderful range of core beers, plus dabble in one-off, single batch and collaboration beers with other brewers and even suggestions from their fans. We will include a special Aussie Brewery Tours uber tasting paddle (double their regulation paddle) of their current range.
- Moon Dog Brewery: This is where the tour starts to get wild as we sample the amazing, weird and wacky creations that Moondog Brewery is famous for (bloody Mary beers, champagne beers, the ice-cream series, etc). The tasting here is beyond large!
- Two Birds Brewery: Started by Danielle and Jayne (the two birds) this brewery has a fantastic range of sessionable beers and interesting single batch creations to try.
- Stomping Ground Brewery: This amazing brewery venue is by the same lads that brought you the Local Taphouse bars in St Kilda and Darlinghurst Sydney, as well the Great Australasian Beer Spectapular aka the biggest beer festival in the Southern Hemisphere. A state of the art brewhouse is coupled with an amazing venue, kitchen serving up delicious food and an ever-expanding tap list.
- Burnley Brewery - Run by an awesome crew focusing on hospitality along with their awesome beer, this is what an inner city brewpub should be like.
- Other: We are always expanding our brewery venue's as we find new friends to go and visit!