Taste the Yarra Valley like you never expected...
Join Aussie Brewery Tours on a trip to the picturesque Yarra Valley, only an hour from Melbourne, where a tasting extravaganza awaits. Sniff, swirl, sip and skol an incredible range of ales and lagers along with dry & sweet ciders, blueberry wines, ports, sparkling and artisan spirits from vodka and gin, through to limoncello, whisky and moonshine in a range of venues as diverse as the products they create. This is the Yarra Valley like you have never tasted it before!
For $165pp your tour includes:
- Fantastic Venues: Visit 4 breweries, cideries & distilleries in the Yarra Valley including VIP brewery floor access (when available).
- Scrumptious and Hearty Food: Fantastic hearty lunch with tasting paddle and a complimentary drink (beer or cider). Dietary requirements: We can cater for vegetarian, vegan and most allergies - contact us if you have any specific requirements.
- Generous Tastings & Drinks: Enjoy very generous tasting sessions & complimentary drinks throughout the day. The Aussie Brewery Tours definition of "very generous" is drinking everything a venue makes! We don't skip the specialty and single batch drinks and ensure you are poured enough to truly experience what is on offer - hence why the hearty lunch!
- Small Group Touring: Our public tour customers enjoy small group (minimum 8 to a maximum of 13 people), flexible touring in our customized, air-conditioned mini-buses. These tours are made up of people across all age groups from all over Australia and the world who are treated to a personable, flexible and relaxed experience. Note: We can accommodate up to 50 people on our private tours. To be fair to other passengers, we ask groups of 7+ to book a private tour as to not unfairly unbalance the group.
- Fantastic Variety: With dozens of beer styles and seasonal brews coupled with a large variety of flavoured vodkas and gins, apple, pear and blueberry ciders, wines, sparklings and ports this tour is fantastic for beer lovers and non-beer lovers alike (most stops have a mix of drinks available to keep everyone happy so if you don't want to get involved in a tasting, you can just grab yourself an alternate drink).
- The Best Guides: Our guides are fun loving, alcohol guru’s who will take you on a journey through the entertaining history of drinking.
- My friend/partner/mother/brother/sister doesn’t like beer or cider, or spirits, or wine, or fun: We designed our tours to be fun and inclusive for everyone, regardless of what, or if, they usually drink. The group tasting sessions are filled with fun stories and entertaining facts and we allow you to choose alternate options throughout the day, e.g. grab a wine with lunch or a gin & tonic whilst we boogie to some tunes later in the day.
Days, Times and Pick-up Locations
Runs: Monday + Wednesday + Thursday + Friday + Saturday + Sunday (private tours available 7 days a week). Pick-up: 9am – 10am. Drop-off: 5.30pm – 6.30pm.
Departs from: Federation Square, Lilydale train station and central hotel pick-ups available. Note: We can pick up in the Yarra Valley, but you need to contact us first, as due to its sheer size and the distance between our starting and ending points on tour we need to make sure it is practical.
Drop-off: We will endeavour too, but cannot always guarantee hotel drop-offs. All of our tours instead terminate in central Melbourne at Federation Square. Please contact us if required to discuss.
Click here for a full list of pick-up locations
All times are approx. For the most up-to-date pick-up list, please proceed through to booking and check the drop-down menu.
Central Pick-up Location
- 9:50am: Federation Square: Russell court (bus pick-up/day tours area corner of Russell & Flinders streets): Google map - https://goo.gl/maps/FLx4xXe8cKP2
Docklands / South Wharf: 9:35am - 9:45am
- Four Points by Sheraton, 443 Docklands Drive, Docklands, VIC 3008
- Hilton Melbourne South Wharf, 2 Convention Centre Pl, Melbourne VIC 3006
- Sebel Melbourne Docklands, Aquitania Way, Docklands VIC 3008
Southbank: 9:35am - 9:45am
- Crown Metropol, 8 Whiteman Street, Southbank VIC 3006
- Crown Towers, 8 Whiteman Street, Southbank, VIC 3006
- Melbourne Short Stay Apartments, 214 City Road, Southbank VIC 3006
- Platinum Apartments, 1 Freshwater Place, Southbank VIC 3006
Melbourne CBD: 9:40am - 9:50am
- Adina on Flinders, 88 Flinders Street, Melbourne VIC 3000
- Adina Apartments, 550 Flinders Street, Melbourne VIC 3000
- Adina Apartments, 189 Queen Street, Melbourne VIC 3000
- Alto Hotel on Bourke, 636 Bourke Street, Melbourne VIC 3000
- Atlantis Hotel (Best Western), 300 Spencer Street, Melbourne VIC 3000
- City Tempo, 353 Queen Street, Melbourne VIC 3000
- Discovery Hostel, 167 Franklin Street, Melbourne VIC 3000
- Double Tree Hilton, 270 Flinders Street, Melbourne VIC 3000
- Hotel Grand Chancellor, 131 Lonsdale Street, Melbourne VIC 3000
- Grand Hyatt Melbourne, 123 Collins St, Melbourne VIC 3000
- Great Southern Hotel, 44 Spencer Street, Melbourne VIC 3000
- Holiday Inn, 575 Flinders Lane, Melbourne VIC 3000
- Hotel Windsor, 111 Spring Street, Melbourne VIC 3000
- InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto, 495 Collins St, Melbourne VIC 3000
- ibis Melbourne Little Bourke, 600 Little Bourke Street, Melbourne VIC 3000
- ibis Styles Kingsgate Hotel, 131 King Street, Melbourne VIC 3000
- ibis Styles Little Collins, 215 Little Collins Street, Melbourne VIC 3000
- Mantra City Central, 318 Little Bourke Street, Melbourne VIC 3000
- Mantra on Russell, 222 Russell Street, Melbourne VIC 3000
- Marriott Hotel (Melbourne), Lonsdale Street & Exhibition St, Melbourne VIC 3000
- Mecure Welcome Melbourne, 262 Little Bourke Street, Melbourne VIC 3000
- Mercure Melbourne Treasury Gardens, 13 Spring Street Melbourne VIC 3000
- Novotel Melbourne, 270 Collins Street, Melbourne VIC 3000
- Oaks on Collins, 480 Collins Street, Melbourne Victoria 3000
- Oaks on Lonsdale, 23-33 Lonsdale St, Melbourne VIC 3000
- Oaks on Market, 60 Market St, Melbourne VIC 3000
- Pegasus Apart'Hotel, 206 A'Becket Street, Melbourne VIC 3000
- Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens Melbourne, 380 William St, Melbourne VIC 3000
- Rendezvous Hotel Melbourne, 328 Flinders St, Melbourne VIC 3000
- Rydges Melbourne Hotel, 186 Exhibition Street, Melbourne VIC 3000
- Sheraton Melbourne Hotel, 27 Little Collins Street, Melbourne VIC 3000
- Sofitel Melbourne on Collins, 25 Collins Street, Melbourne VIC 3000
- Stamford Plaza Melbourne, 111 Little Collins St, Melbourne VIC 3000
Yarra Valley / Lilydale: 10:40am - 11am
- Lilydale train station, bus stop. Please note that the drop-off may be either Lilydale train station or Croydon station depending on the last stop of the tour.
- Pine Hill Caravan Park, 105 Warburton Hwy, Lilydale VIC 3140
- Coldstream Brewery, 694 Maroondah Hwy, Coldstream VIC 3770
- Yarra Glen Racecourse Apartments, 9 Armstrong Grove, Yarra Glen VIC 3775
You can also request a hotel pick-up. If the hotel is in Melbourne CBD, Docklands, Southbank or Collingwood, you can just book your tour, reply to your order with your hotel and we can update your order. It it is in another location, please contact us before you book to request a hotel pick-up as we cannot guarantee all hotel pick-up and drop-offs.
Aussie Brewery Tours love flexible touring, free from time constraints and overbearing guides. Our tours are about generous tastings followed by soaking up the atmosphere of each venue with a glass of your new favourite drink in hand. It's time to leave for our next destination when there are more empty glasses than full glasses.
This relaxed touring, coupled with a wide range of partners, ensures that we have numerous venues (brewpubs & restaurants, tastings rooms, beer gardens, etc) which have different products (beers, ciders, artisan spirits, fruit wines and gourmet food) that allow us to pick the best of the best for that particular tour day. We may mix up our itinerary depending on the season, day of the week, what specialty products are available, traffic and big events, the weather and venue constraints (like when a brewery recently had a spill and had to shut for the day – thankfully they spilled cleaning products and not beer, phew!). This is one of the added benefits of offering small group touring, the flexibility to choose stops that really work with each group.
So rather than a detailed, minute by minute itinerary, we will tell you about some of the stops we may visit each day :
- Coldstream Brewery (typical lunch stop): A great little brewery pub. Grab a tasting paddle, a glass of their beer or cider or even treat yourself to a wine, mixed drink or tequila shot!
- Watts River: When White Rabbit moved from the Yarra Valley to Geelong, it made us, at ABT, very sad. But two good things did come from this. First, Geelong got an awesome brewery - Go Geelong. Second, two of the brewers stayed behind in Healseville and opened up the awesome Watts River brewery. This is one of our favourite beer stops to give you an amazing look at the diverse nature of craft beer.
- Napoleone Brewery & Cider House: With over 10 different beers and ciders to drink and VIP access to their brewery and beer garden, this is a fantastic and immersive stop.
- St Ronan's Cider at Badger Creek Blueberry Winery: Over 8 different ciders, ports, blueberry wines and champagnes to try before we shout you a complimentary drink of your favourite this is one of our favourite stops when we have cider lovers on board!
- Alchemy Distillery: Amazing small batch distillery making awesome vodka (Australia's best at the Australia spirit awards), tasty gins as well as some occasional boozy products - limoncello, whisky, etc.
- Four Pillars Gin Distillery (usually mid-week only): Immerse yourself in the world of gin with a tasting at this award winning state of the art distillery with your very own tasting paddle. We love Four Pillars but tend to visit them midweek only just to ensure we can have a cruisy, relaxed experience.
Friends we visit occasionally:
- Public Brewery: Try one of their beers or one from their extensive range of beer, wine and cider from around Victoria as you chill out in their beer garden.
- Riders Brewing Co & Kellybrothers cider at Kellybrook winery: We will stop in at their family owned and run winery to sample their fantastic ciders, beers and calvados (apple brandy).
- Punt Road Wines: Sometimes in summer, we just want a nice naturally shaded area, a wine, beer or cider, some bocce or giant jenga and some live music. When we do, Punt Roads is a fantastic stop.