Taste the Yarra Valley like you never expected...
Join Aussie Brewery Tours on a trip to the picturesque Yarra Valley, only an hour from Melbourne, where a tasting extravaganza awaits. Sniff, swirl, sip and skol an incredible range of ales and lagers along with dry & sweet ciders, strawberry & blueberry wines, ports, sparkling and kombuchas in a range of venues as diverse as the products they create. This is the Yarra Valley like you have never tasted it before!
For $165pp (after 5 years keeping our tours the same price, we have finally relented and from April 1st, 2018 have increased the price by $5pp - around 1/5 of our cost increases. The good news, our tours are still ridiculously good value!) your tour includes:
- Fantastic Venues: Visit 4 (sometimes 5) breweries, cideries & distilleries in the Yarra Valley including VIP brewery floor access (when available).
- Gourmet Food: Gourmet lunch with tasting paddle and a complimentary drink (beer or cider). Dietary requirements: We can cater for vegetarian, vegan and most allergies - contact us if you have any specific requirements.
- Generous Tastings & Drinks: Enjoy very generous tasting sessions & complimentary drinks throughout the day. The Aussie Brewery Tours definition of "very generous" is drinking 1/3 of a glass of every beer and cider (between 12-14) a brewery makes. That's roughly 4 glasses per person, hence why the hearty gourmet lunch!
- Small Group Touring: Our public tour passengers enjoy small group (min 6, max 13 people), flexible touring in our customized, air-conditioned mini-buses. Note: We can accommodate up to 50 people on our private tours. To be fair to other passengers, we ask groups of 7+ to book a private tour as to not unfairly unbalance the group.
- Fantastic Variety: With dozens of beer styles and seasonal brews coupled with a large variety of gins, apple, pear and blueberry ciders, wines, sparklings and ports this tour is fantastic for beer lovers and non-beer lovers alike (most stops have a mix of drinks available to keep everyone happy!).
- The Best Guides: Our guides are fun loving, alcohol guru’s who will take you on a journey through the entertaining history of drinking.
- My friend/partner/mother/brother/sister doesn’t like beer (or cider, or spirits, or wine, or fun): First off, are you sure really like this person- reflect. Seriously though, we designed our tours to be fun and inclusive for everyone, regardless of what they usually drink. The group tasting sessions are filled with fun stories and entertaining facts and we allow you to choose alternate options throughout the day, e.g. grab a wine with lunch or a gin & tonic whilst we boogie to some tunes later in the day.
Days, Times and Pick-up Locations
Runs: Mon + Wednesday + Thursday + Friday + Saturday + Sunday. Pick-up: 9am – 10am. Drop-off: 5.30pm – 6.30pm.
Departs from: Federation Square, Lilydale train station and central hotel pick-ups available. Note: We can pick up in the Yarra Valley, but you need to contact us first, as due to its sheer size and the distance between our starting and ending points on tour we need to make sure it is practical.
Drop-off: We will endeavour too, but cannot always guarantee hotel drop-offs. All of our tours instead terminate in central Melbourne at Federation Square. Please contact us if required to discuss.
Click here for a full list of pick-up locations
Standard Pick-up Locations
- 9:55am: 09:55am: Federation Square: Russell court (bus pick-up/day tours area corner of Russell & Flinders streets): Google map - https://goo.gl/maps/FLx4xXe8cKP2
- 10:40am: Lilydale train station, bus stop. Please note that the drop-off may be either Lilydale train station or Croydon station depending on the last stop of the tour.
Docklands: 9:35am - 945:am
- Hilton Melbourne South Wharf, 2 Convention Centre Pl, Melbourne VIC 3006
- Sebel Melbourne Docklands, Aquitania Way, Docklands VIC 3008
Southbank: 9:35am - 9:45am
- Crown Metropol, 8 Whiteman Street, Southbank VIC 3006
Melbourne CBD: 9:40am - 9:50am
- Hotel Grand Chancellor, 131 Lonsdale Street, Melbourne VIC 3000
- Grand Hyatt Melbourne, 123 Collins St, Melbourne VIC 3000
- ibis Styles Kingsgate Hotel, 131 King Street, Melbourne VIC 3000
- InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto, 495 Collins St, Melbourne VIC 3000
- Marriott Hotel (Melbourne), Lonsdale Street & Exhibition St, Melbourne VIC 3000
- Mercure Melbourne Treasury Gardens, 13 Spring Street Melbourne VIC 3000
- Oaks on Lonsdale, 23-33 Lonsdale St, Melbourne VIC 3000
- Oaks on Market, 60 Market St, Melbourne VIC 3000
- Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens Melbourne, 380 William St, Melbourne VIC 3000
- Rendezvous Hotel Melbourne, 328 Flinders St, Melbourne VIC 3000
- Rydges Melbourne Hotel, 186 Exhibition Street, Melbourne VIC 3000
- Sheraton Melbourne Hotel, 27 Little Collins Street, Melbourne VIC 3000
- Sofitel Melbourne on Collins, 25 Collins Street, Melbourne VIC 3000
- Stamford Plaza Melbourne, 111 Little Collins St, Melbourne VIC 3000
You can also request a hotel pick-up. Please contact us before you book to request a hotel pick-up as we cannot guarantee all hotel pick-up and drop-offs.
Aussie Brewery Tours love flexible touring, free from time constraints and overbearing guides. Forget the winery tour model – come in, have the smallest taste possible, then we will all stare at you awkwardly until you sign up to our wine club, buy a case and get out. Our tours are about generous tastings followed by soaking up the atmosphere of each venue with a glass of your new favourite drink in hand. It's time to leave for our next destination when there are more empty glasses than full glasses.
This relaxed touring, coupled with a wide range of partners, ensures that we have numerous venues (brewpubs & restaurants, tastings rooms, beer gardens, etc) which have different products (beers, ciders, artisan spirits, fruit wines, kombucha and gourmet food) that allow us to pick the best of the best for that particular tour day. We may mix up our itinerary depending on the season, day of the week, what specialty products are available, traffic and big events, the weather and venue constraints (like when a brewery recently had a spill and had to shut for the day – thankfully they spilled cleaning products and not beer, phew!).
So rather than a detailed, minute by minute itinerary, we will tell you about some of the stops we may visit each day (Napoleone and Hargreaves Hill are both very likely stops, with the rest being flexed in as it works):
- Napoleone Brewery & Cider House: With over 10 different beers and ciders to drink and VIP access to their brewery and beer garden, this is a fantastic and immersive stop.
- St Ronan's Cider at Badger Creek Blueberry Winery: Over 8 different ciders, ports, blueberry wines and champagnes to try before we shout you a complimentary drink of your favourite.
- Buckley's Beer: The oldest brewery in the Yarra Valley will see us try their range of lagers and ales, as well as a cheeky kombucha or two.
- Hargreaves Hill Brewery: Amazing tasting paddles and mouthwatering food await you at Hargreaves Hill, all washed down with a glass of your favourite beer or cider.
- Coldstream Brewery: A great little brewery pub. Grab a tasting paddle, a glass of their beer or cider or even treat yourself to a wine, mixed drink or tequila shot!
- Public Brewery: Try one of their beers or one from their extensive range of beer, wine and cider from around Victoria as you chill out in their beer garden.
- Four Pillars Gin Distillery: Immerse yourself in the world of gin with a tasting at this award winning state of the art distillery - usually visited only on quieter days (Sunday through Friday)
- Riders Brewing Co & Kellybrothers cider at Kellybrook winery: We will stop in at their family owned and run winery to sample their fantastic ciders, beers and calvados (apple brandy).
- Watts River: When White Rabbit moved from the Yarra Valley to Geelong, it made us, at ABT, very sad. But two good things did come from this. First, Geelong got an awesome brewery - Go Geelong. Second, two of the brewers stayed behind in Healseville and opened up the awesome Watts River brewery.