There was always an interesting difference in the tourism markets for the Yarra Valley and Mornington Peninsula. The Valley was all about the produce and has been forever. They nailed it and people came from all over the world to visit.
The Mornington Peninsula is a place Melbournian’s know, in fact, we hope to know a few people that live at the end of it (when they aren’t bringing back deadly viruses from their Aspen ski cabins; they are grand friends to have). Mornington has also been busy of late and they now have producers and makers to the equal of their valley dwelling cousins. This makes it one of the best places in the world to visit for an amazing time. Bravo Mornington, Bravo!
Our public tours are now private tours catering for bookings of between two to ten guests from the one social, work or family group – starting from late September 2020. This means we can customise your tour, including the start and end times, itinerary and we are now picking up all over Melbourne. Our public tours of mixed random groups will resume in 2021.
For more private tour options, including larger groups, added activities and itineraries more suited to large celebrations, please head over to our private tours page and request a quote.
- 2-3 people: $345pp Thursday, Friday and Sunday; $385pp Saturday.
- 4-5 people: $275pp Thursday, Friday and Sunday; $295pp Saturday.
- 6-7 people: $235pp Thursday, Friday and Sunday; $265pp Saturday.
- 8-10 people: $205pp Thursday, Friday and Sunday; $235pp Saturday.
Optional pickups: $65 per booking. Vehicle upgrades are available during checkout.
Public tours returning post-COVID at our regular price of $179pp.
What is included?
- Visit 4 breweries, cideries, distilleries or wineries along the Mornington Peninsula.
- This is a private tour for single-groups between 2 and 10 people (our regular programming will resume in 2021).
- Main meal lunch plus nibbles/cheese board.
- Very generous tastings and complimentary drinks.
- Choose what you want to drink: beer, wine, spirits, cider.
- Professional tour guide.
- We provide sunscreen and bottled water on every tour.
- Direct bookings receive a free pickup and drop off in over 30 suburbs (listed below).
- GST (10%), banking fees and merchant fees (3%) plus booking system fees (6%) are all included in the price.
What isn't included?
- There is no need for tips and gratuities as we pay our guides well and it is not an Australian custom – it is always appreciated though if your guide does a great job.
- Merchandise and an array of takeaway food and drink can be purchased on tour. If you are keen to top-up your home bar, bring some cash!
- Pickups are available in several additional suburbs for a $65 per booking fee. If your suburb is not listed below, please contact us and we will do our best to help.
- Optional vehicle upgrades (from a Toyota Commuter to Mercedes, BMW and others).
What do I need to bring?
- An extraordinary, devil-may-care attitude!
- Your dancing shoes and your singing voice.
- We request that all participants bring a face mask.
- We provide hand-sanitiser.
- We provide bottled water, however it’s also cool to bring your own drink bottle.
Times & Pickups
Each tour session starts at ~10am and returns ~6pm and are available from Thursday through Sunday.
Direct bookings include a free pickup and drop off from one of the following postcodes:
- Melbourne: 3000, 3002, 3003, 3004, 3005, 3006, 3008, 3010, 3050, 3051, 3052, 3053, 3054, 3065, 3066, 3067, 3068, 3141, 3205, 3206, 3207. Mornington: 3800, 3930, 3930, 3931, 3931, 3933, 3934, 3936, 3938.
We can also pick you up at an address in the following postcodes for a fee of $65 per booking
- Melbourne : 3011, 3013, 3015, 3016, 3031, 3032, 3039, 3055, 3056, 3057, 3070, 3071, 3078, 3101, 3121, 3122, 3142, 3143, 3181, 3182, 3183, 3184, 3145, 3148, 3161, 3162, 3163, 3165, 3166, 3167, 3168, 3169, 3170, 3171, 3172, 3173, 3174, 3185, 3186, 3187, 3188, 3189, 3190, 3191, 3192, 3193, 3194, 3195, 3195, 3196, 3196, 3197, 3197, 3198, 3198, 3199, 3200, 3202, 3204.
You can also meet at one of these convenient locations:
- Melbourne CBD – Forum Theatre Side Entrance – 5 Russell Street, Melbourne VIC 3000.
- Frankston – The Cheeky Squire (750m from Frankston train station) – 510 Nepean Hwy, Frankston VIC 3199.
- There is no dress code.
- You can wear your dress thongs, but because shoes are required to enter certain areas of some venues (eg the brewery floor), we highly recommend wearing shoes. This brings us to the next item…
- To be honest, we don’t care what you wear, however, some venues we visit might. Singlets (on guys) or offensive clothing might mean you’re refused entry at some venues, so stick to sleeves and civility. Which brings us nicely too…
- Take into consideration what you might get up to post-tour when you get dressed in the morning. And don’t forget…
- We operate rain, hail or shine. Most venues have indoor and outdoor areas and we use each appropriately, but please take the weather into consideration and dress like a local. Remember, Melbourne has 4 seasons most days!
Aussie Brewery Tours love flexible touring, free from time constraints and overbearing guides. Our tours are about generous tastings followed by soaking up the atmosphere of each venue with a glass of your new favourite drink in hand.
We have always run small group tours, so we can cruise around at our own pace. It’s time to leave for our next destination when there are more empty glasses than full glasses.
- The Likely Suspects: Red Hill Brewery; Bass and Flinders; Jetty Road Brewery; St Andrews Beach; Mornington Peninsula Brewery.
- Possible: Mock Red Hill, Stonier Wines; JimmyRum; Mr Banks; Old Apple Shed.
We can cater for vegetarians, vegans and most dietary and allergy requirements. Drop us a line if you need to discuss your requirements. The following is an example of our lunch menu from this tour. Please note the restaurant we visit changes their menu almost daily, so please use this as an example only:
- pork scotch 250g: pan-fried kipfler potatoes, caramelised shallots & horseradish (gf).
- pork ribs: whole rack of marinated pork ribs & green paw paw slaw (gf).
- coq au beer: chicken maryland braised in Jetty Road stout, sweet potato puree, wilted greens.
- lamb backstrap: jerusalem artichoke puree, warm fregola salad & ashed goat cheese.
- porterhouse 300g: beer-battered hand-cut chips, red onion jam & jus.
- eye fillet 250g: sweet potato puree, butter-poached green asparagus (gf).
- crispy fried tofu bowl: house-pickled vegetables & sauce miso w/ roasted pumpkin & rocket salad, pine nuts, feta cheese (gf, v).
- dhal curry: raita & flatbread w/ pan-fried cauliflower bowl toasted panko & sauce gorgonzola (v, gfo).
Terms and conditions
Aussie Brewery Tours will always act professionally and be fair and transparent with all of our business dealings. We have the correct insurances and licences to operate. On tour, we want you to drink as much as you want, sing, laugh, dance and be merry, but please, please don’t be a d!ckhead! Below is some extra information regarding fees, taxes, bank charges, legal conditions, cancellation policies, how much our lawyer charges us, insurances, licences, charity donations and how not to be a d!ckhead please continue…
- Our secure payment facility accepts Mastercard, Visa and American Express (Paypal coming soon).
- During checkout, you can pay 100% of the tour or a 30% deposit with the balance due on the day (cash or card).
- All prices include a 6% booking fee, 3% merchant fee and 10% goods and services tax (GST).
- Online agents (Red Ballon, Adrenaline, Viator, Tripadvisor, Expedia, etc) take between 25-35% commission to take your booking. That money is better off as value-added into your tour. Booking direct with us will allow us to always give you the best customer service, the best refund policies and add more value to each tour including more inclusions and free pickups.
Public event cancellation or rebooking (changing date) policy is:
- Between 0 and 48 hours from the event, 45% refund.
- Between 48 hours and 4 days from the event, 80% refund.
- Greater than 4 days – full refund minus any accrued bank/booking/merchant fees and charges.
- All public events require a minimum number to run. If we do not meet the minimum number of participants, we reserve the right to cancel your booking. In the event we cancel a booking, we will issue you a full refund or reissue and extension of gift cards.
- We reserve the right to cancel any public tour event if we reasonably believe that it can not operate safely (bushfires, zombies, etc).
- If we receive late cancellations, we reserve the right to cancel the entire tour if it falls under the minimum numbers.
Please also see the COVID-19 section for COVID specific policies.
COVID-19 didn’t really change how we operate. We always work hard to ensure every tour and event we run is exceptional, safe, hygienic, and we work with the best venues in the country, each one operating to a very high standard. We will always refund you if government restrictions limit our ability to operate legally and safely and we will always be sensible, well-trained and well-informed of our obligations as your hosts.
- If you contact us within 20 hours of the tour starting with symptoms, we will refund you in full – nobody likes sick people and I don’t care how cool you are, yuck!
- If you have tested positive to COVID19 within 2 weeks of your tour, we would refund you in full.
- We would refund you in full if we receive evidence that your group or the larger portion of the group has been placed in quarantine – and also send you and your friends a few cases of beer for quarantine!
- For individuals within the tour, we would also refund them if they tested positive to COVID19 or showed symptoms with and contacted us within no later than 12 hours from the event.
We are following the advice of:
- The Department of Health and Human Services and Business Victoria.
- Transport Safety Victoria.
- Victorian Tourism Industry Council.
Antisocial behaviour will not be tolerated, and we will ensure that you are removed from society if you display any…
- We enjoy a few shenanigans as much as the next person; we take people cruising around drinking for a living. We are yet to have any unacceptable behaviour on tour, however, on behalf of our brewery and venue partners, we ask that you behave in an appropriate and respectful manner throughout your event.
- We have a strict no-drinking policy on the bus, this is in accordance with state alcohol laws. We will, however, drive you from venue to venue and, no surprises here, none of the places we have visited have ever run out of things to drink! We have also never heard the words “I didn’t get to drink enough today” after one of our tours.
- All our venues adhere to Responsible Serving of Alcohol (RSA) laws. If you are asked to leave a venue for inappropriate behaviour, the tour is over.