Public tours: Will be back in 2021. Private tours: Available up to 10 people from Nov 22 (larger groups from Dec). You can also build your own tour.
Only an hour from Melbourne, in the stunning Yarra Valley, a tasting extravaganza awaits! Sniff, swirl, sip and skol an incredible range of ales and lagers along with dry & sweet ciders, blueberry wines, ports, sparkling and artisan spirits from vodka and gin, through to limoncello, whisky and moonshine in a range of venues as diverse as the products they create. This is the Yarra Valley like you have never tasted it before!
Aussie Brewery Tours has been operating for 10 years and during that time we have forged amazing relationships that allow us to try limited edition drinks and single-batches as well as visit areas not available to the public. A famous Czech proverb states that, “you can tell the quality of a drink with just one sip, but it is better to be thoroughly sure”, which is why we shout complimentary drinks after our tasting sessions, it is important to keep well hydrated on your tour. Our guides are the best in the business and we include all your food, extra nibbles and cheese boards so you can sample the best food the area has to offer as you soak up all these drinks.
We are a bit old-school, so when we say “small-group public tours”, we mean small group. This means we can take our time, sit, chat, laugh and sing together as a group and it gives us the flexibility to tailor the day as we are less confined to strict itineraries or times.
- 2-3 people: $560pp.
- 4-5 people: $350pp.
- 6-7 people: $270pp.
- 8-10 people: $235pp.
- 11-14 people: $215pp
- 15-22 people: $195pp
- Optional pickups: $65 per booking. Vehicle upgrades are available during checkout. For larger private tours please head over to our private tours page.
Public tours are $190pp.
What is included?
- Visit 4 breweries, cideries, distilleries or wineries in the Yarra Valley.
- Private tour options available for groups between 2 and 22 people.
- Public tours run with groups between 6-13 guests.
- Hearty, tasty main meal from Coldstream Brewpub.
- Nibbles and cheese boards provided at other stops.
- Very generous tastings and complimentary drinks are all included.
- Choose what you want to drink: beer, wine, spirits, cider.
- Professional tour guide.
- We provide sunscreen and water on every tour.
- We use only accredited, air-conditioned vehicles.
- Direct bookings receive a free pickup and drop off in over 30 suburbs (listed below).
- GST (10%), banking fees and merchant fees (3%) plus booking system fees (6-25%) are all included in the price – our prices.
What isn't included?
- There is no need for tips and gratuities as we pay our guides well and it is not an Australian custom – your guide will appreciate a thank you or tip when they do a marvelous job.
- Merchandise can be purchased on tour. If you are keen to top-up your home bar, bring some cash as you will drink some fantastic booze along the way.
- Pickups are available in several additional suburbs for a $65 per booking fee. If your suburb is not listed below, please contact us and we will do our best to help.
- Optional vehicle upgrades (from a Toyota Commuter to Mercedes, BMW and others) available.
What do I need to bring?
- An extraordinary, devil-may-care attitude!
- Your dancing shoes and your singing voice.
- We request that all participants bring a face mask.
- We provide hand-sanitiser.
- We provide bottled water, however it’s also cool to bring your own drink bottle.
Our public tours of mixed random groups run with between 6-13 guests. These are a great option if you are travelling solo or in a small group and want to have a ton of laughs with some new friends. They are our favourite tours as we meet people from all over the world, keen to have a good time.
We also have a version of this tour for private groups between 2-22 guests which will allow you to customise the pick-up addresses. Once you have booked your tour, we will contact you to create an itinerary that suits.
For more private tour options, including larger groups, added activities and itineraries more suited to large celebrations, please head over to our private tours page and request a quote.
- Day: Start ~10am and return ~6pm.
- Afternoon/night: Start ~2:30pm and return ~9pm.
- Private tours: We use the same times but we can be flexible so please contact us for a chat.
Include a free pickup and drop off from any address in one of the following postcodes:
- Melbourne: 3000, 3002, 3003, 3004, 3005, 3006, 3008, 3010, 3050, 3051, 3052, 3053, 3054, 3065, 3066, 3067, 3068, 3111, 3127, 3128, 3129, 3131, 3132, 3134, 3135, 3138, 3140, 3141, 3205, 3206, 3207.
- Yarra Valley: 3770, 3775, 3777.
We can also pick you up at an address in the following postcodes for a fee of $65 per booking
- Melbourne : 3011, 3013, 3015, 3016, 3031, 3032, 3039, 3055, 3056, 3057, 3070, 3071, 3078, 3079, 3101, 3102, 3103, 3104, 3105, 3109, 3114, 3116, 3121, 3122, 3123, 3124, 3125, 3126, 3130, 3133, 3136, 3142, 3143, 3144, 3145, 3146, 3147, 3152, 3153, 3161, 3181, 3182, 3183, 3184, 3796.
Pickup from these central, convenient locations:
- Melbourne CBD – Forum Theatre Side Entrance – 5 Russell Street, Melbourne VIC 3000
- Melbourne CBD, Southbank, Docklands accommodation.
- Ringwood Train Station (Eastland Side) – 163 Maroondah Hwy, Ringwood VIC 3134
- Healesville – Cherry Tree Cafe – 246 Maroondah Hwy, Healesville VIC 3777.
Times & pickups
Aussie Brewery Tours love flexible touring, free from time constraints and overbearing guides. Our tours are about generous tastings followed by soaking up the atmosphere of each venue with a glass of your new favourite drink in hand.
We have always run small group tours, so we can cruise around at our own pace. It’s time to leave for our next destination when there are more empty glasses than full glasses.
- Mondays – The Likely Suspects: Watts River Brewing; Coldstream Brewery (lunch); St Ronan’s Cider @ Badger Creek Blueberry Winery; Four Pillars Gin. Possible: Matilda Bay; Helen and Joey Winery; Meletos / Punt Road.
- Tuesdays – Not operating: Contact us for an itinerary.
- Wednesdays – The Likely Suspects: Meletos / Punt Road; Coldstream Brewery (lunch); Four Pillars Gin; The Public Brewery Possible: Matilda Bay; Helen and Joey Winery.
- Thursdays – The Likely Suspects: Watts River Brewing; Coldstream Brewery (lunch), St Ronan’s Cider @ Badger Creek Blueberry Winery; Alchemy Distillery. Possible: Four Pillars Gin; Matilda Bay; Helen and Joey Winery; Meletos / Punt Road; The Public Brewery.
- Fridays – The Likely Suspects: Watts River Brewing; Coldstream Brewery (lunch), St Ronan’s Cider @ Badger Creek Blueberry Winery; Alchemy Distillery. Possible: Four Pillars Gin; Matilda Bay; Helen and Joey Winery; Meletos / Punt Road; The Public Brewery.
- Saturdays – The Likely Suspects: Watts River Brewing; Coldstream Brewery (lunch), St Ronan’s Cider @ Badger Creek Blueberry Winery; Alchemy Distillery. Possible: Four Pillars Gin; Matilda Bay; Helen and Joey Winery; Meletos / Punt Road; The Public Brewery.
- Sundays – The Likely Suspects: Watts River Brewing; Coldstream Brewery (lunch), St Ronan’s Cider @ Badger Creek Blueberry Winery; Alchemy Distillery. Possible: Four Pillars Gin; Matilda Bay; Helen and Joey Winery; Meletos / Punt Road; The Public Brewery.
We can cater for vegetarians, vegans and most dietary and allergy needs. Drop us a line if your requirements are very specific. The following is an example of a menu from this tour. Please note the restaurant we visit changes their menu almost daily, so please use this as an example only:
- brewery burger: 150g ground beef burger with aioli, lettuce, tomato, pickles, bacon, cheese sauce, caramelized onion, fried egg served with fries (gf on request).
- southern fried chicken burger: spiced chicken breast, lettuce, tomato, bacon, cheese, jalapenos & spiced aioli served with fries.
- veggie burger: house-made veggie pattie topped with cheese, lettuce, fresh tomato, egg, picked vegetables, caramelized onion & aioli served with fries (vegan and gf on request).
- pulled pork burger: 13 hr slow cooked bbq pork burger, with cheese sauce, slaw, curry infused aioli served with fries (gf on request).
- chicken parma: crumbed chicken breast with Napoli, shaved ham, 3 cheese blend with chips & salad.
- pulled pork parma: crumbed chicken breast with bbq sauce, pulled pork & cheese with chips and salad.
- crispy skin barramundi: crispy-skinned barramundi served with vegetable rosti, chorizo aioli, olive tapenade and a citrus sweet leaf salad (gf).
- gnocchi: served with pesto, sun-dried tomatoes, finished with parmesan, roquette and walnuts.
- pizza – margherita: Napoli base, buffalo mozzarella, cherry tomatoes finished with fresh basil & fresh cracked pepper (veg).
- pizza – mushroom: garlic base, roasted mushroom, buffalo mozzarella finished with rocket & truffle oil (veg).
- pizza – roasted pumpkin: garlic base with roasted pumpkin, buffalo mozzarella, finished with house marinated feta, basil pesto, sumac salt, balsamic glaze & rocket (veg).
- pizza – bbq meatlovers: smokey bbq base with salami, chorizo, bacon, beef capsicum, red onion, buffalo mozzarella finished with sweet paprika salt, parsley & honey.
- pizza – maple bourbon: Napoli base, red onion, pork, bacon, buffalo mozzarella finished with maple bourbon sauce and parsley.
Terms and conditions
Aussie Brewery Tours will always act professionally and be fair and transparent with all of our business dealings. We have the correct insurances and licences to operate. On tour, we want you to drink as much as you want, sing, laugh, dance and be merry, but please, please don’t be a d!ckhead! Below is some extra information regarding fees, taxes, bank charges, legal conditions, cancellation policies, how much our lawyer charges us, insurances, licences, charity donations and how not to be a d!ckhead please continue…
Private tours: To lock in a tour we require a 30% deposit with the balance and final numbers due a week before the tour.
Public tours: You will have the choice during checkout to pay 30%, with the balance due on the day (cash) or 100% of the tour.
- Our secure payment facility accepts Mastercard, Visa and American Express (Paypal coming soon).
- All prices include a 6% booking fee, 3% merchant fee and 10% goods and services tax (GST).
- Online agents (Red Ballon, Adrenaline, Viator, Tripadvisor, Expedia, etc) take between 25-35% commission to take your booking. That money is better off as value-added into your tour. Booking direct with us will allow us to always give you the best customer service, the best refund policies and add more value to each tour including more inclusions and free pickups.
Public event cancellation or rebooking (changing date) policy is:
- Between 0 and 48 hours from the event, 45% refund.
- Between 48 hours and 4 days from the event, 80% refund.
- Greater than 4 days – full refund minus any accrued bank/booking/merchant fees and charges.
- All public events require a minimum number to run. If we do not meet the minimum number of participants, we reserve the right to cancel your booking. In the event we cancel a booking, we will issue you a full refund or reissue and extension of gift cards.
Private event cancellation or changes:
- Pricing for private events can be both per person and include one-off charges and fees for some services.
- A minimum number of people is required for a private event to run, which will be the lowest number quoted. The minimum payment for a private event is the total of this minimum number of attendees.
- The following cancellation policy applies:
- Between 0-7 days before the event, the deposit is non-refundable.
- Between 7-14 days, 50% refund.
- Beyond 14 days it will be refunded in full minus and fees, deposits or other monies paid to third parties for this tour that cannot be recovered.
- The total payment is required no later than 7 days before the event. If the balance is not supplied within this time frame we have the right to cancel the event without issuing a refund.
We always reserve the right to pass on any fees, deposits or other monies paid to third parties for this tour that cannot be recovered because of tour cancellations.
COVID-19 didn’t really change how we operate. We always work hard to ensure every tour and event we run is exceptional, safe, hygienic, and we work with the best venues in the country, each one operating to a very high standard. We will always refund you if government restrictions limit our ability to operate legally and safely and we will always be sensible, well-trained and well-informed of our obligations as your hosts.
- If you contact us greater than 24 hours of the tour starting with symptoms, we will refund you in full – nobody likes sick people and I don’t care how cool you are, yuck!
- If you cancel within 24 hours we will issue a 65% refund.
- We would refund you in full if we receive evidence that your group or the larger portion of the group has been placed in quarantine – and also send you and your friends a few cases of beer for quarantine!
- For individuals within the tour, we would also refund them if they tested positive to COVID19 or showed symptoms with and contacted us within no later than 12 hours from the event (within 12 hours no refund will be applied).
- All gift cards will be extended by a year (as if 2020 didn’t exist).
- We have increased our prices post-COVID due to a massive increase in the cost of operating. We will address this change in price on a case by case basis.
We are following the advice of:
- The Department of Health and Human Services and Business Victoria.
- Transport Safety Victoria.
- Victorian Tourism Industry Council.
More COVID info here.
- Take into consideration what you might get up to on-tour and post-tour when you get dressed in the morning. And don’t forget to…
- Check above if there is a product specific dress code (this will usually be when there is an activity).
- You can wear your dress thongs, but because it requires shoes to enter certain areas of some venues (eg the brewery floor), we highly recommend wearing shoes. This brings us to the next item…
- To be honest, we don’t care what you wear, however, some venues we visit might. Singlets (on guys) or offensive clothing might mean you’re refused entry at some venues, so stick to sleeves and civility. Which brings us nicely too…
- We operate rain, hail or shine. Most venues have indoor and outdoor areas and we use each appropriately, but please take the weather into consideration and dress like a local. Remember, Melbourne has 4 seasons most days!
Our job is exceptionally fun. We get to hang out with people whilst they on holidays, travelling the world, hanging out with mates or celebrating something special. It goes without saying that anti-social behaviour just won’t be tolerated. Be fun, be friendly, be exceptional and respect everyone around you.
We do not allow drinking on the bus in the morning. We believe this is a tactic used by inferior companies who need you drinking on the bus because they don’t supply drinks in the venues. We will keep you well hydrated and enjoying the best venues around by minimising your time sitting around a bus drinking tins. On the way home, well, that is technically illegal, but our guides are usually busy watching the road.
Antisocial behaviour will not be tolerated, and we will ensure that you are removed from society if you display any…
- We enjoy a few shenanigans as much as the next person; we take people cruising around drinking for a living. We are yet to have any unacceptable behaviour on tour, however, on behalf of our brewery and venue partners, we ask that you behave in an appropriate and respectful manner throughout your event.
- All our venues adhere to Responsible Serving of Alcohol (RSA) laws. If you are asked to leave a venue for inappropriate behaviour, the tour is over.